I’m here with Sharhiym and I’m going to ask him a few
questions about his music and talent.
Ok, first question. Why did you choose the keyboard?
Why did I choose the keyboard? Umm, I feel like in my
generation, keyboard is not the go to thing, it’s mainly like rap or producing.
Producing is very strict beats and they don’t really want to broad out. I chose
piano because it broadened me to other genres and I feel like I can cross
genres and the piano is a good instrument for that.
What age did you start?
I started at the age of 14.
Who is your idol and why?
I look up to Cory Henry because the stuff that he does is
ridiculous, even for people that don’t understand piano, if they saw him play
they would be like what the hell. He has that effect on people and musicians
who are watch watching him.
Does his music have an influence on you, do you listen to
all of the genres?
Yes they have an influence on me and I listen to all of his
genres.
Can you play all of the genres Cory does?
I can play all of them, yes.
What’s your favourite genre?
My favourite genre is probably Neo Soul.
Do you play any other instruments?
No, I can’t play anything else at the moment but I am
learning the drums at the moment. Drums really help me as well. It’s mostly
keyboard.
What grade are you on?
I don’t grade on piano but I have been told I am grade 8
standard. I don’t grade on piano because when I come across graded pianists or
musicians in general, it’s almost like they are put in this box and it’s like almost
like saying you’re as good as… sort of thing. So I feel like if I’m not graded,
I don’t get into that criteria.
How did you learn, looking at music or by ear?
Both. I started off by ear to discipline myself. It was very
hard to learn by ear.
How many hours did you rehearse when you were younger and
what was the most hours?
Probably about 2 hours a day, the more serious I got, the
more hours I put in. I got up to 4 hours at one point. But, life kind of hits
you and you can’t do that all of the time. It’s a lot of responsibility.
Do you own your own keyboard or Piano?
I own my own keyboard.
Are you in a band?
Not officially, no. I do play with multiple people and when
people see us, they think we were in a band.
But no, I’m not in a band.
Would you rather play in a band or on your own?
Depends on what it is, if it was more solo stuff then I
would play on my own but some songs it would probably be better in a band.
Do you enjoy your music course? Does it benefit you?
Yes, I do. It allows for a lot of musical freedom.
No comments:
Post a Comment